|By PR Newswire||
|September 1, 2014 01:05 PM EDT||
AMSTERDAM, September 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Didix annouced today the acquisition of tastecard, the UK's No.1 Diners' Club. tastecard is the largest and most successful subscription-based diners' club in the UK and has over 1.5 million members and 7,000 partner restaurants.
Boudewijn Jansen, CEO and founder of Didix: "tastecard is a well established consumer brand and will strengthen our competitive position in the discount leisure market in the UK and Europe against the likes of Groupon."
Matt Turner, founder of tastecard: "Didix has grown rapidly in Europe and is fulfilling its ambition to become Europe's leading Dining Club. We look forward to being part of Didix to achieve its international goals."
Matt Turner and Ian Ronald become board members of the International Dining Club.
Didix is a market leader in gift cards, leisure promotions and restaurant discount diners' clubs in the Netherlands, the United Kingdom and Belgium. Didix owns several well known gifting concept brands such as RestaurantCadeau, BioscoopCadeau, De Nederlandse Sauna Cadeaubon, De Nationale Kadobon, Beauty&ParfumCadeau, CinemaCadeau and Restaurant Choice and experience activities boxes such as HEMA Lekker Weg and Momento. Didix's restaurant discount diners clubs include Gourmet Society and Diner Jaarkaart.
Originally set up in 2006 as tastelondon, the company re-branded as tastecard in 2010 to encompass the rest of the UK and Ireland. The company has grown to have over 1.5 million members and is the number 1 diners' club in the UK.
tastecard gives members half price dining at participating restaurants - either 50% off or two-for-one across all courses.
Participating restaurants range from chains such as PizzaExpress, Zizzi and ASK Italian to Michelin starred restaurants from chefs such as Marco Pierre White.
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- i-Technology 2008 Predictions: Where's RIAs, AJAX, SOA and Virtualization Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing Expo 2009 West: Call for Papers Now Closed
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Cloud Expo Europe 2009 in Prague: Themes & Topics
- The Top 100 Bloggers on Cloud Computing