|By ACN Newswire||
|September 1, 2014 01:00 PM EDT||
- Subsidizing educational institutions and public research institutes in Japan
- Applications close on November 28 for the themes of research and development aimed at the practical application of new technologies and products to which precious metals can make a contribution
Tokyo, Sept 2, 2014 - (ACN Newswire) - Tanaka Holdings Co., Ltd. (a company of Tanaka Precious Metals) announced today that Tanaka Precious Metals will accept applications for research subjects for the 2014 "Precious Metals Research Grants" from September 1 (Mon) until November 28, 2014 (Fri). Tanaka Precious Metals will accept applications from Japanese educational institutions and public research institutes conducting research and development using precious metals, and will grant a maximum of 5 million yen as a Platinum Award, 2 million yen as a Gold Award and 500,000 yen as a Silver Award.
This marks the 16th time the award has been granted, and applications are open to all fields on the theme of research and development aimed at the practical application of new technologies and products to which precious metals can make a contribution. Applications can be submitted through the application form on the official website (http://pro.tanaka.co.jp/tanaka/grant/), and after a strict examination by Tanaka Precious Metals, the recipients of the award will be announced at the end of March 2015.
Tanaka Precious Metals develops and provides a stable supply of a variety of precious metal materials based on the corporate philosophy of contributing to a beautiful future, and well-balanced, prosperous society brought about by precious metals. The Group is also actively facing challenges presented recycling resources, energy conservation measures and environmental pollution, and is working to contribute to the advancement and stability of industry and the economy in addition to the realization of a prosperous and affluent living environment. This program has been implemented every year since 1999 to support the various challenges faced in the "new world opened up by precious metals" as part of these business activities. We look forward to hearing about everybody's passion for their research.
Overview of the 2014 Precious Metals Research Grants
Research and development aimed at the practical application of new technologies and products to which precious metals can make a contribution
- Precious metals must play an important role in commercialization and/or practical application of the research.
- Development related to precious metals must provide a breakthrough in the progress of the commercialization and/or practical application.
- Platinum Award: 5 million yen (1 award)
- Gold Award: 2 million yen (1 award)
- Silver Awards: 500,000 yen (several awards)
* The grant amount is treated as a scholarship donation.
* Each award is given to research deemed to make a particularly large contribution to practical implementation, and awards may not be granted in some cases.
Personnel who belong to educational research institutions or public research institutes in Japan
- Applicants belonging to research institutions in Japan are eligible regardless of whether they are based in Japan or overseas.
September 1, 2014 (Mon) - 5pm, November 28, 2014 (Fri)
Enter the necessary information into the application form on the official website (http://pro.tanaka.co.jp/tanaka/grant/), and send the research content (papers and supplementary material on the theme).
The results will be announced on the official website at the end of March 2015.
- Tanaka will contact the award recipients directly.
- When applying with joint research, the representative should apply.
- Students must obtain approval from the person responsible for their laboratory in order to submit an application.
- Clearly state if any joint research is being performed with other precious metal manufactures (including planned).
- Applicants may be required to exchange information with Tanaka Precious Metals about product development, technology development, and guidance through the research.
- Excludes research that has already been commercialized or for which there are such plans.
- Excludes fundamental research such as analysis, evaluation and production technology.
Inquiries concerning the research grant program:
Precious Metals Research Grants Office
Tanaka Holdings Co., Ltd. Marketing Department
22F Tokyo Building, 2-7-3 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-6422
Official website: http://pro.tanaka.co.jp/tanaka/grant/
Press release: http://www.acnnewswire.com/clientreports/598/0902_EN.pdf
Tanaka Holdings Co., Ltd. (Holding company of Tanaka Precious Metals)
Headquarters: 22F, Tokyo Building, 2-7-3 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Representative: Akira Tanae, President & CEO
Capital: 500 million yen
Employees in consolidated group: 3,562 (FY2013)
Net sales of consolidated group: 967.6 billion yen (FY2013)
Main businesses of the group: Manufacture, sales, import and export of precious metals (platinum, gold, silver, and others) and various types of industrial precious metals products. Recycling and refining of precious metals.
Website: http://www.tanaka.co.jp/english (Tanaka Precious Metals), http://pro.tanaka.co.jp/en (Industrial products)
About the Tanaka Precious Metals
Established in 1885, the Tanaka Precious Metals has built a diversified range of business activities focused on the use of precious metals. On April 1, 2010, the group was reorganized with Tanaka Holdings Co., Ltd. as the holding company (parent company) of the Tanaka Precious Metals. In addition to strengthening corporate governance, the company aims to improve overall service to customers by ensuring efficient management and dynamic execution of operations. Tanaka Precious Metals is committed, as a specialist corporate entity, to providing a diverse range of products through cooperation among group companies.
Tanaka Precious Metals is in the top class in Japan in terms of the volume of precious metal handled, and for many years the group has developed and stably supplied industrial precious metals, in addition to providing accessories and savings commodities utilizing precious metals. As precious metal professionals, the Group will continue to contribute to enriching people's lives in the future.
The eight core companies in the Tanaka Precious Metals are as follows.
- Tanaka Holdings Co., Ltd. (pure holding company)
- Tanaka Kikinzoku Kogyo K.K.
- Tanaka Kikinzoku Hanbai K.K.
- Tanaka Kikinzoku International K.K.
- Tanaka Denshi Kogyo K.K.
- Electroplating Engineers of Japan, Limited
- Tanaka Kikinzoku Jewelry K.K.
- Tanaka Kikinzoku Business Service K.K.
Global Sales Dept., Tanaka Kikinzoku International K.K. (TKI)
Source: Tanaka Holdings Co., Ltd.
Copyright 2014 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- i-Technology 2008 Predictions: Where's RIAs, AJAX, SOA and Virtualization Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing Expo 2009 West: Call for Papers Now Closed
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Cloud Expo Europe 2009 in Prague: Themes & Topics
- The Top 100 Bloggers on Cloud Computing