|By Marketwired .||
|June 28, 2012 11:00 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 06/28/12 -- GOOGLE I/O -- Dolphin Browser, the most popular third-party browser on Android and iOS and only Gesture and Voice enabled browser, today announced the launch of Dolphin Garage, which opens the Dolphin Browser API to allow for third-party development. Dolphin also announced four new Add-ons from Dropbox, Pocket, Evernote and Wikipedia that show off Dolphin Garage's powerful capabilities. In addition, Dolphin Garage also supports Web apps based on Adobe's PhoneGap, which enable faster HTML5 Web app deployment.
Dolphin Garage gives developers access to more than 150 Dolphin internal APIs including various browser user interface interactions, while also providing a runtime sandbox environment to allow developers to create their own experiences within Dolphin Browser.
Powered by Dolphin Garage, users can now seamlessly experience the following on Dolphin:
- Dropbox: allows users to download anything and everything directly to Dropbox from within Dolphin.
- Evernote: helps users to grab any Web content from Dolphin and save it to Evernote.
- Pocket: allows users to save any page with one click from within Dolphin, then view later on any device, anywhere.
- Wikipedia: powered by PhoneGap, allows users to search Wikipedia from Dolphin and open its 20 million Wiki articles in 280 languages, without needing to install a native app.
"Dolphin Browser already contains 50 plus Add-ons that have been installed over 14 million times," said Yongzhi Yang, CEO. "Dolphin Garage empowers even more developers to build any Add-on or PhoneGap-based Web app they want and exposes those apps to our over 16 million users."
The Dolphin team will be demoing Dolphin Garage and the new Add-ons today from 3-5pm PT at San Francisco's Moscone Center South - Room 200. To learn more about Dolphin Garage, go to http://dev.dolphin-browser.com/
Dolphin is the most popular third-party browser on Android and iOS and only Gesture and Voice enabled browser available today. Developed by MoboTap, a mobile technology company committed to improving the way people experience the mobile Web through their smartphone devices, Dolphin has been downloaded over 16 million times across Android and iOS phones and tablets. MoboTap is led by an international team of proven engineers and entrepreneurs and is backed by leading venture capitalist firm Sequoia Capital.
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- i-Technology 2008 Predictions: Where's RIAs, AJAX, SOA and Virtualization Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing Expo 2009 West: Call for Papers Now Closed
- Cloud Expo Europe 2009 in Prague: Themes & Topics
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- The Top 100 Bloggers on Cloud Computing