|By Alexandra Brown||
|August 16, 2009 08:30 AM EDT||
Note: this post applies to CloudBerry Backup beta 3 and later.
CloudBerry S3 Backup is a powerful Windows backup and restore that automate backup and restore processes to Amazon S3 cloud storage. With beta 3 release we added some more exciting features that will make the product even better. Among new features are
- Backup exclusively locked files using Volume Shadow Copy Technology. You can now for example backup Outlook PST files and you don’t have to shut down Outlook for backup process to run.
- Command Line interface. This feature will help to integrate backup with your other routines and will open a door for SMBs and OEM partners.
- Implemented our own scheduler, more robust than Windows Task Scheduler.
- Multithreaded data transfer dramatically improves backup/ restore task speed.
- User interface improvements
- Number of issues fixed
We are going to make a number of additional posts explaining each of new feature in details. CloudBerry Lab is also working on a virtual disk driver that will expose Amazon S3 storage as a local disk on your computer.
If you came to this post by chance you should know that CloudBerry Backup is a Windows program that leverages Amazon S3 storage. It is currently in private beta and you can learn more about it (and request a beta invitation code) at http://cloudberrydrive.com/
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- i-Technology 2008 Predictions: Where's RIAs, AJAX, SOA and Virtualization Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing Expo 2009 West: Call for Papers Now Closed
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Cloud Expo Europe 2009 in Prague: Themes & Topics
- The Top 100 Bloggers on Cloud Computing