|By Maureen O'Gara||
|July 9, 2009 07:45 PM EDT||
Cisco has named Ned Hooper its chief strategy office responsible for M&A and investments, a move Cisco watchers interpret as anointing CEO John Chambers’ heir presumptive.
Hooper’s already the company’s senior VP of corporate development and head of its consumer unit, jobs he will keep.
Cisco’s moving out of its traditional playground and says Hooper will help shape its plans and incubate new technologies.
Acquired through an acquisition 11 years ago, Hooper was once Cisco’s VP of business development and bought Linksys, Scientific Atlanta, Webex, IronPort and Pure Digital, upping corporate revenue by $5 billion since 2002.
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- i-Technology 2008 Predictions: Where's RIAs, AJAX, SOA and Virtualization Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing Expo 2009 West: Call for Papers Now Closed
- Cloud Expo Europe 2009 in Prague: Themes & Topics
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- The Top 100 Bloggers on Cloud Computing