|By Dana Gardner||
|July 7, 2009 09:00 PM EDT||
Hewlett-Packard (HP), which already has an array of services to help customers chart their way through the challenges and opportunities of cloud computing, loaded two more arrows into its quiver yesterday with the announcement of HP Cloud Discovery Workshop and HP Cloud Roadmap Service.
The Palo Alto, Calif-based global IT giant is aiming the services at enterprise customers who are looking to efficiently drive business benefits from cloud. The goal, according to HP, is to help customers source, secure, and govern cloud services as an integral part of their IT strategy. [Disclosure: HP is a sponsor of BriefingsDirect podcasts.]
The HP Cloud Discovery Workshop is designed to help enterprise IT organizations learn about the cloud as a strategic service delivery option and how to leverage it as part of a broader IT service delivery strategy. Available in July, the workshop is designed to:
- Educate customers on the cloud and multi-sourcing service delivery strategies
- Outline benefits, risks and implications of the cloud within the business
- Provide recommendations on people, process and technology for using the cloud as part of an IT and business strategy.
The HP Cloud Roadmap Service, a follow-on to the HP Cloud Discovery Workshop, offers customers a service for planning and adopting cloud as part of their service delivery strategy. The service will:
- Provide specific recommendations for how customers should use cloud delivery and deployment models as part of their service delivery strategy
- Recommend the right service strategy, governance and program model
- Deliver a roadmap for cloud adoption, including a set of recommendations and benefits for what customers can achieve in practical and incremental steps
The array of cloud services currently offered to HP customers includes:
- Service Management Consulting Services
- Business Technology Optimization (BTO) Services
- Testing Services
- Cloud Infrastructure Design Service
- Cloud Infrastructure Installation and Deployment Services
- Scale-out and Cloud Security Services
One of HP's newest offerings, prior to today's announcement, was Cloud Assure, which consists of HP services and software, including HP Application Security Center, HP Performance Center and HP Business Availability Center, and is delivered to customers via HP Software as a Service.
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- i-Technology 2008 Predictions: Where's RIAs, AJAX, SOA and Virtualization Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing Expo 2009 West: Call for Papers Now Closed
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Cloud Expo Europe 2009 in Prague: Themes & Topics
- The Top 100 Bloggers on Cloud Computing